The Bachelor’s degree will guarantee the graduates a reliable comprehension, appreciation and knowledge in culinary subjects, pastry, bakery, food and beverage service and Management in order to provide capable graduates to contribute professionally to the Culinary Arts and Hospitality Industry in a demanding Hotel and Catering environment.
Students receive scientific knowledge and develop skills necessary for their future career in all the areas offered in the Food Sector, those of Cooking, Pastry, Food and beverage service, Bakery, as well as Management. It is considered as a requirement of most modern food deontology, to add knowledge and skills over the basic management principles, so that in a complementary manner the graduate to obtain prestige and ability in their career as section heads/ managers of food / hotel businesses.
This curriculum prepares students to approach the examination of research and practical application of the necessary catering sectors (Cooking, Pastry, Waitering- Food and Beverage services, and Bakery). It also supplies, with appropriate knowledge through management courses, intelligence and techniques in order to obtain the expected administrative and organizational skills to serve duly their future professional challenges.
In addition, students are encouraged and motivated to develop:
- Cognitive skills of critical thinking, analysis and synthesis.
- Effectiveness in problem solving and decision making using appropriate abilities.
- Effective communication, both written and oral, using a range of equipment and instruments that are widely used in business.
- Sensitivity to social, economic, ethical and technological environment in which companies and organizations operate and compete.
- Knowledge in the current trends of the hotel and food industry.
- Interpersonal skills that students evaluate the reliability of the information and decide through considerations made under all possible elements that may be available.
- Moreover, entrepreneurship and communication ideas based on the use of quantitative tools, teamwork and creativity.
- Creation, execution and evaluation of concepts and menus applying professional craft skills and techniques utilizing conscious sourcing to maximize profits while maintaining food integrity.
- Communication strategies and leadership styles used to effectively lead a globally diverse workforce within culinary-focused businesses.
- Assessment of documents related to food cost, labor cost and culinary operations to safeguard an economically sustainable business.