Accredited by The Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education (DI.P.A.E.)
Subsided by the Government of Cyprus
What you will learn…
- The only Greek-speaking Higher diploma in Automotive Engineering in Cyprus.
- Training in new technologies, including hybrid, electric and LPG vehicles.
- By obtaining the diploma and having gone through the necessary practical training, students can get the Professional Automotive Engineer License (Vehicle Engineering).
- Fully equipped laboratories for practical training.
- Training using simulators for better understanding of the vehicle systems.
- Function of internal combustion engine such as fuel distribution, engine lubrication, turbochargers and other systems.
- Training in diesel engine systems.
- Diagnostic vehicle control and electronic management systems.
- Transmission, brake, steering and suspension systems.
- Potential to work as a Technical Control Line Manager for Vehicles (MOT).
Duration:Two (2) years for obtaining the Diploma.
Location: Intercollege Nicosia
With the continuous increase in competition among car manufacturers in recent decades, the demand for this profession is growing rapidly and now all the manufacturing companies seriously invest in technical support groups (garage, after sales, spare parts, etc.), aiming at the best customer service. As an auto mechanic you are ensured a profession with a high salary and a secure future.
Nowadays the development and technology applied to cars require specialized knowledge. To obtain such knowledge a vocational programme of studies is necessary. The various new systems in cars these days, including the engine auto-stop system when not needed (e.g. at traffic lights) and activated when needed (auto start-stop technology). Also, smart energy storage and recovery systems are widely used in modern cars. The programme of automotive engineering, aims firstly and foremost to give students the necessary typical knowledge of cars and operating systems needed to operate a car and then the specialized knowledge of the new systems. In this context, the aim is to fully prepare students by enhancing their knowledge through practical laboratory courses and summer practice in the industry.
The objectives of the Programme are:
- The theoretical and practical training of the students on the issues relating to internal combustion engines (gasoline and oil), as well as their subsystems.
- The specialization in modern diesel engine systems, which have evolved considerably in recent years.
- The theoretical and practical training of students in vehicle electric and electronics.
- Providing expertise in issues concerning safety and organization in the workplace.
- Providing expertise in modern engine and vehicle management systems.
- The theoretical knowledge and practical training of students in powertrain technology, steering and suspension of vehicles.
- The theoretical and practical training of students in car heating and air conditioning systems.
- The theoretical and practical training of students in issues regarding car checks and diagnosis.
- Awareness of students on environmental issues in the workplace.
- Practical knowledge in the proper use of tools.
- Knowledge and skills of vehicle repair and maintenance obtained through laboratory courses, but also through industry courses (during the summer practice).
- To provide an opportunity for students to be trained and work in real organizations within the Summer Internship course, so that theory is combined with practice, aiming to help them acquire the experience that will help them significantly in their future careers and their advancement.
Your professional development includes working on:
- Repair and car maintenance-related business.
- Car-related business marketing (importers).
- Power generation-related business with internal combustion engines.
- Service and vehicle inspection organisations (MOT).
||Μηχανές Εσωτερικής Καύσης
||Ηλεκτρολογία και Ηλεκτρονική στα Οχήματα
||Τεχνικό και Μηχανολογικό Σχέδιο Οχημάτων
||Ασφάλεια και υγεία στο χώρο εργασίας – Περιβάλλον
||Αμαξώματα και ανάλυση οχημάτων
||Συστήματα κινητήρων εσωτερικής καύσης
||Συστήματα μετάδοσης κίνησης
||Τεχνολογίες και συστήματα κινητήρων πετρελαίου
||Συστήματα Θέρμανσης και Κλιματισμού Οχημάτων
||Συστήματα διεύθυνσης και ανάρτησης
||Τεχνικός και Διαγνωστικός Έλεγχος Οχημάτων
||Ηλεκτρονικά συστήματα διαχείρισης μηχανών και οχημάτων