The programme is officially registered with the Ministry of Education in Cyprus.
The Hairdressing programme is designed to equip students with the appropriate knowledge, qualifications and skills required for a successful career in the hairdressing sector. The programme also provides the opportunity to acquire knowledge of salon management.
During the programme, there is emphasis on all areas of learning, both on theoretical and practical level, while offering comprehensive and detailed knowledge in specialized areas of hairdressing, such as styling, trimming, perm and colouring, as well as in broad areas such as salon management.
Duration:Two (2) years for the Diploma.
Location: Intercollege Larnaca
The programme has been designed:
• To provide students a comprehensive educational and academic foundation for a successful career in hairdressing.
• To offer specialized studies directly related to the requirements of the hairdressing sector.
• To provide flexibility, knowledge, skills and motivation as a basis for further future studies and career development.
• For the students to develop their skills in hairdressing, through an effective combination of knowledge and skills acquired during the programme.
• To develop professional expertise such as training in salon management, but also on issues related to continuous professional development.
Upon completion of the programme, students will have acquired all the necessary skills in order to successfully cope with the demands of the hairdressing profession.
HAIR-101 Health and Safety at Workplace
HAIR-102 Principles of Professional Attitude and communication at workplace
HAIR-103 Principles of Counseling and Consultation with customers
HAIR- 104 Shampoo, hair and scalp Treatments
HAIR-105 Basic Haircut Techniques
HAIR-106 Basic Styling Techniques
HAIR-107 Basic Techniques of Changing Hair Colouring
HAIR-108 Hairdressing Salon Reception Duties
HAIR-209 Perm Techniques
HAIR-210 Colour Correction Techniques
HAIR-211 Specilised Haircut Techniques
HAIR-212 Participation in the Programming and Implementation of Promotional Activities
HAIR-213 Practice I (in Salon Environment)
HAIR-200 Specialised Hair colouring Techniques
HAIR-203 Specialized Hairstyle Techniques
HAIR-109 Promoting products and services to clients
HAIR-214 Practice II (in Salon Environment)
HAIR-201 Hairdressing Consulting
ASM-108 Make up
ASM-128 Manicure & Pedicure
COMP-150 Microcomputer Applications
BENG -200 Professional English I
BENG -201 Professional English II
HAIR-114 Skin and Hair Analysis