The programme is officially registered with the Ministry of Education in Cyprus.
What you will learn…
- Providing specialized courses in applied Spa management to meet the needs in Spa Centers, for specially skilled management staff.
- Understanding the complex functions of Spa: such as marketing, promotion, and customer service.
- Providing students with all the necessary knowledge and skills needed for a career in this internationally developing area of SPAs and Wellness.
- Obtaining a certificate for easy change of career.
- Convenient system of instruction for working students.
- Industrial internship, which is included in the program as practical experience.
- Support and consultation for professional employment.
- Cooperation with specialists and Spa owners for support and advice.
Duration:One (1) year for the certificate.
Location: Intercollege Nicosia
Despite the overall downturn, the SPA industry is experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. The SPA industry is, today, the fastest growing segment of the tourism industry and its activity is growing faster than anyone could have imagined. The number of SPA centres has increased sharply in recent years and the number of visitors continues to grow every day.
The trend is moving towards the development of SPA centres that offer beauty and spa services to men and women, in a high-tech and specialized area.
The great development of SPA Hotels and SPA centres of the city has increased the demand for specialized SPA professionals, from therapists to SPA managers and SPA consultants. The demand for qualified SPA managers is phenomenal. A SPA Manager must be a highly effective business manager who will fully understand the complex SPA operations, marketing, staff management and therapies, and above all, be able to offer outstanding customer service.
The aim of this program is to provide you with the necessary skills so that you can develop the supervisory and managerial skills related to managing a SPA centre with emphasis on the development of leadership and interpersonal customer skills in a SPA centre. This will provide you with the knowledge and skills required for a career in this international industry.
This lesson introduces you to the SPA industry, which is currently the fastest growing segment of the Tourism Industry.
The lesson familiarises you with:
• The evaluation of economic performance and investment in Spa centres.
• The up to date technology and equipment required for the running of a modern SPA centre.
• Various Spa resorts and basic SPA design
• Types of SPA treatments, treatment protocols, Spa consumables and products.
• The required skills for the preparation of a Quality and Procedures manual. The fundamentals of marketing and promotion of the services that apply to the SPA industry.
• Topics relating to the legal framework for Spa operations
• Management skills and staff supervision.
• The best practices for a high level of professionalism.
Obtaining the certificate in Spa management provides you with the necessary knowledge and skills to progress in this fast growing international industry as a Spa manager in customer oriented Spa hotels and resorts, an area with great potential in the coming years.
SPA-101 Introduction to the SPA Industry
SPA-102 SPA Financial Management
SPA-103 SPA Design & Facilities
SPA-104 SPA Treatments Theory
SPA-105 SPA Operations Management
SPA-106 SPA Marketing & Promotion
SPA-107 SPA Legal Operations
SPA-108 Supervisory Skills for SPA Centers
SPA-109 SPA Treatments Practical
SPA-110 SPA Case Studies
SPA-111 Industrial Placement