The programme is officially registered with the Ministry of Education in Cyprus.
The Pharmacy Technician program aims to prepare the students to work under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist and to be able to perform many pharmacy-related tasks. By attending this programme the students will become familiar with the medical and pharmaceutical terminology, understand pharmacology in relation to anatomy, and perform pharmaceutical calculations.
Duration:Two (3) years for the Higher Diploma.
Location: Intercollege Larnaca
The program focuses on:
- education and training of pharmacy technicians who are employed in the pharmacy sector, e.g. hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy or pharmaceutical industry
- providing opportunities for students to enter employment as pharmacy technicians or to progress to higher education such as a full-time degree in pharmacy (provided that any additional requirements are met)
- understanding the role of the pharmacy technician, their relationship within the section/department in which they work and how their role and their department/section fit into the organizational structure and the other pharmacy sectors and local community
- giving students opportunities to develop major and wider key skills, such as self-improving, working with others and problem-solving, in a scientific and technological context
- providing opportunities for students to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.
Pharmacy Technicians will be able to interpret physician orders and prescriptions, to prepare and distribute medications and to communicate effectively with patients and medical professionals. The Pharmacy Technician will learn how to manage the cash register, how to maintain a patient medication record, how to manage stock of prescribed and non-prescribed medicines. This program is designed not only to prepare the students for a career as Pharmacy Technician, but also to create an attractive candidate to pharmaceutical companies and to open the path for a medical education.
SCI-101 General Chemistry and Physics
HRS-101 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
COMP-150 Computer Applications
PSY- 100 Psychology for Health and Social Care
BENG-200 English Language I
SCI-102 Organic Chemistry
HRS-102 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
BIOL-200 Biology and Microbiology
COMM-321 Public Relations Principles
BENG-200 English Language II
PHARM-101 Pharmacology I
PHARM-102 Nosology and Pharmacotherapy I
PHARM-103 Pharmaceutical Industry
BENG-201 English Language III
PHARM-201 Pharmacology II
PHARM-202 Nosology and Pharmacotherapy II
PHARM-106 Health Safety and Infection Control
PHARM-490 Pharmacy Practicum
HRS-230 Law and Ethics for Health Service
BENG-201A English Language IV
PHARM-301 Clinical Pharmacology
COMM-200 Business and Professional Communications
BEBG-202 English Language V
PHARM-310 Over-Counter Medication
PHARM-312 Nutrition and Nutritional Supplements
PHARM-306 Pharmacy Office Management
PHARM-491 Final Project
BENG-202A English Language VI