Accredited by the Council of Educational Evaluation-Accreditation (S.E.K.A.P.)
Subsided by the Government of Cyprus
What you will learn…
• Have a basic and at the same time substantial academic and technical knowledge to contribute towards effective industry operations in the hospitality sector.
• Gain valuable industry-related knowledge, skills and competencies.
• Have exposure to the main departmental functions in hotel units (Reception, Restaurant, Bar, Kitchen, Housekeeping, and Banquets) with hands-on experience through internship programs.
• Have the necessary abilities to supervise functions in hospitality operations, with brilliant prospects for career advancement into higher level positions.
• Be able to perform efficiently at both national and international levels and meet the constant challenges of the dynamic global tourism industry.
• Be ready to embark on an effective career track to successfully fulfill personal professional goals within the world’s largest industry – the travel industry – an industry full of new thrills and challenges every day, which offers endless career opportunities, in Cyprus and abroad.
• Be competent to exploit effectively employment opportunities in hotels, restaurants, catering, events and entertainment, casinos, clubs, cruise ships, etc.
• Have a substantial academic background to pursue further and higher academic endeavors.
• Benefit from Intercollege’s decades of experience in Hospitality Management education in modern facilities, as well as the wide network of industry stakeholders through which industry employment is supported.
Duration:Two (2) years for the Diploma.
Location: Intercollege Larnaca
With the college’s motto “Excellence in Education”, as a guiding force, the program is geared to implementing the institution’s mission by assisting students to become educated individuals, to achieve their academic and career goals, and to assume responsible roles in a changing world of international cooperation and interdependence.
Upon completion of the programme, students will be able to enter the work market with solid foundations thanks to the theoretical and practical knowledge gained during the two years of the programme.
The aims of the programme are:
- To obtain a valued diploma in hospitality management.
- To ensure quality training for the students within Intercollege facilities.
- Upon graduation, to possess a solid theoretical and practical knowledge that will guarantee a successful career and future development.
- To prepare the students to become successful professionals able to respond to the work needs from day one.
The technical expertise and specialized knowledge offered in the course, develops motivated graduates who are successfully placed in key positions in Cyprus and abroad. Some examples include the head barman at ‘E-Hotel Spa & Resort’, Cyprus; a Hotel Supervisor at Sun-Hall Apartments, Larnaca; a Tour Coordinator at Tez-Tour Cyprus, Cyprus; a Front Office Supervisor at Faros Hotel Ayia Napa and a Restaurant Supervisor at Anantara Dubai Palm Resort & Spa in Dubai. Also, some of our graduates have continued their studies to pursue a bachelor degree in relevant fields.
HOT-100 Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
HOT-105 Sanitation, Hygiene and Nutrition
HOT-111 Food Production I
HOT-112 Food and Beverage Service I
HOT-201 Internship I
HOT- 202 Internship II
HOT-210 Bar Operations
HOT-211 Food Production II
HOT-212 Food and Beverage Service II
HOT-220 Food and Beverage Controls
HOT-235 Housekeeping & Maintenance Operations
HOT-245 Front Office Operations
HOT-250 Hospitality Information Systems
HOT-260 Food and Beverage Operations
COMP-151A FUND. Conc. of Info & Comp. Tech
FREN-101 French Language & Culture I
BENG-121A Professional English I
BENG-122A Professional English II