The programme is officially registered with the Ministry of Education in Cyprus.
What you will learn …
- MMA, MIG / MAG and TIG Welding methods for pipelines and high pressure reservoirs.
- Quality welds (destructive, non-destructive).
- Knowledge in technology issues and resistance of materials.
- Safety and health issues and environmental regulations.
- Certification in welding under ISO 9096.
- Possibility to obtain the International Welder Diploma from the International Institute of Welding (in cooperation with the Cyprus Institute of Welding).
- Summer Internship in companies and industry facilities.
- Approved Training Center (ATB) for the Welder’s programme of the International Institute of Welding (IIW).
Click here and visit our state-of-the-art facilities and labs!
Duration:Two (2) years for obtaining the Diploma.
Location: Intercollege Nicosia
It is a fact that welding as a job plays now internationally one of the most important, most critical and absolutely essential roles in the construction of a vast variety of industrial facilities. In fact, the job of a welder is one of the few professions in which, under the existing circumstances, the labor demand far exceeds that of supply.
After finding exploitable quantities of natural gas in Cyprus Exclusive Economic Zone and the need to create large industrial infrastructure for processing, liquefaction, transportation and distribution of natural gas networks and liquefaction terminals, it is expected to lead to the creation of new jobs which until recently did not exist in the Cyprus labor market, especially in the Welding sector.
According to a study by the Human Resource Development Authority, occupations of “average” (educational) level like skilled welders, technicians, machine operators, builders, plumbers, are expected to be in great demand in the labor market in the next years. It is also noted that for occupations that require a high level of training, such as high pressure welders or high pressure applicators, applying for the necessary training must start now so that they will be ready to be absorbed by the labor market in the next few years.
The above facts combined with the lack of a similar existing programme of studies in Cyprus, has led to the creation of this programme in order to meet the increasing demands of the profession and to provide you with excellent prospects for advancement and satisfaction as a Gas Installations Welding Technician.
The Diploma in Gas Installations Welding Technician is intended to accustom you in the technologies of modern welding methods like those applied mainly to the fields of gas fuels and oil. During the program are presented and developed the fundamental principles governing the welding technologies as well as learning and performing quality checks on the model CY EN 287-1.
As a graduate of this program you can work in:
- Installation companies of gas and oil distribution networks.
- Companies that use, store or produce gaseous fuels and petroleum products.
- In gas and petroleum processing terminals.
- In the industry of steel structures and pipeworks.
- As a freelancer.
COMP-150 Microcomputer Applications
BENG -121 Professional English I
ETECH-100 Introduction to Electrical Circuits
MTECH-100 Introduction to Thermodynamics
WLD-100 Introduction to Welding
WLD-110 Material Technology
WLD-120 Enginnering and Technical Drawing
WLD-130 Health and safety at workplace
BENG -122 Pofessional English II
WLD-190 Summer Internship I
WLD-200 Resistance of Materials
WLD-210 Welding Methods
WLD-220 Welding Quality Control
WLD-230 MMA 1 Welding Method
WLD-240 MIG-MAG 1 Welding Mwthod
WLD-245 Fire Fighting and Fire Protection from
from mineral oils and gaseous fuels
WLD-250 MMA 2 Welding Method
WLD-260 MIG-MAG 2 Welding Method
WLD-270 TIG TIG Welding Method
WLD-280 Welding Lab
WLD-290 Summer Internship II