The programme is officially registered with the Ministry of Education in Cyprus.
What you will learn…
- One of the 5 top professions with highest demand in the coming years due to the increase in the older population.
- Possibility of immediate employment during your studies or directly after graduating.
- Skills stemming from supervised Practicum in an approved residential/nursing/rehabilitation care home.
- Background knowledge of Gerontology.
- To provide holistic personal care to Older adults, and support to their families.
- To support older adults and their families.
Duration:One (1) year for the certificate and two (2) years for the Diploma.
Location: Intercollege Nicosia
The percentage of older adults requiring assistance, both in Europe and in Cyprus, is growing rapidly. This creates a growing need for trained, specialized caregivers older adults. At the same time, people with disabilities in Cyprus are in need of quality care solutions.
Knowing how promising the field is, both for immediate employment and as a profession with prospects of advancement and satisfaction for the professional Caregiver, we have created such a program.
The aim of the program is to provide you with complete theory and practice, whether you are an existing or a prospective Caregiver for Older adults and people with disabilities, making you a professional caregiver. The growing demand for care of the ageing population, as well as the complete lack of such a programme of studies is the gap the course focuses on.
You have the prospect of immediate employment:
- In care/nursing/rehabilitaion units in Cyprus.
- Providing Care at home as a self-employed professional caregiver.
- Five most successful graduates have guaranteed employment by Materia group, a group of companies that specialises in offering professional care services to Seniors and People with Disabilities.
You have the option to:
- Work while studying.
- Pursue a working position upon completion of the first year of studies (Certificate)
- Pursue a working position after obtaining your diploma.
- Proceed to register in the nursing programme transferring credits.
GRNT-110 Principles of Gerontology
CARE-110 Basics of Personal Care
BIOL-107 Biology of Aging
CARE-120 Caring and Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
BENG-121 Basic English
FA-101 First Aid
GRNT-160 Care of People with Dementia I
CARE-220 Health and safety in Care Units and at home
PSYCH-110 Life Span Development
ELPR-160 Practicum I
CARE-210 Long-term care.
GRNT-210 Care of People with Dementia ΙΙ
COMM-100 Interpersonal Communication
PSYCH-160 Psychology of older adults
ELPR-220 Practicum ΙΙ
PSYCH-210 Psychology of Health
COMP-150 Microcomputer Applications
HPU-160 Organization of Care Units
ETHIC-110 Principles of Ethics and Morality
OFAD-226 Emotional Intelligence in the workplace
ELPR-320 Practicum ΙΙΙ