– Accredited by the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education.
– Subsided by the Government of Cyprus.
What you will learn…
- The only Greek-speaking Higher diploma in Automotive Engineering in Cyprus.
- Training in new technologies, including hybrid, electric and LPG vehicles.
- By obtaining the diploma and having gone through the necessary practical training, students can get the Professional Automotive Engineer License (Vehicle Engineering).
- Fully equipped laboratories for practical training.
- Training using simulators for better understanding of the vehicle systems.
- Function of internal combustion engine such as fuel distribution, engine lubrication, turbochargers and other systems.
- Training in diesel engine systems.
- Diagnostic vehicle control and electronic management systems.
- Transmission, brake, steering and suspension systems.
- Potential to work as a Technical Control Line Manager for Vehicles (MOT).
Duration:Three (3) years for obtaining the Higher National Diploma.
Location: Intercollege Nicosia
With the continuous increase in competition among car manufacturers in recent decades, the demand for this profession is growing rapidly and now all the manufacturing companies seriously invest in technical support groups (garage, after sales, spare parts, etc.), aiming at the best customer service. As an auto mechanic you are ensured a profession with a high salary and a secure future.
Nowadays the development and technology applied to cars require specialized knowledge. To obtain such knowledge a vocational programme of studies is necessary. The various new systems in cars these days, including the engine auto-stop system when not needed (e.g. at traffic lights) and activated when needed (auto start-stop technology). Also, smart energy storage and recovery systems are widely used in modern cars. The programme of automotive engineering, aims firstly and foremost to give students the necessary typical knowledge of cars and operating systems needed to operate a car and then the specialized knowledge of the new systems. In this context, the aim is to fully prepare students by enhancing their knowledge through practical laboratory courses and summer practice in the industry. Emphasis is also given on the proper functioning and organization of the workshop (garage), which is an important criterion for a new business to succeed.
The objectives of the Programme are:
- The theoretical and practical training of the students on the issues relating to internal combustion engines (gasoline and oil), as well as their subsystems.
- The specialization in modern diesel engine systems, which have evolved considerably in recent years.
- The theoretical and practical training of students in vehicle electric and electronics.
- Providing expertise in issues concerning safety and organization in the workplace.
- Theoretical training in issues concerning alternative fuels, hybrid technology and other forms of energy in vehicles.
- Providing expertise in modern engine and vehicle management systems.
- The theoretical knowledge and practical training of students in powertrain technology, steering and suspension of vehicles.
- The theoretical and practical training of students in car heating and air conditioning systems.
- The theoretical and practical training of students in issues regarding car checks and diagnosis.
- Awareness of students on environmental issues in the workplace.
- Practical knowledge in the proper use of tools.
- Knowledge and skills of vehicle repair and maintenance obtained through laboratory courses, but also through industry courses (during the summer practice).
Your professional development includes working on:
- Repair and car maintenance-related business.
- Car-related business marketing (importers).
- Power generation-related business with internal combustion engines
- Service and vehicle inspection organizations (MOT).
- Finally, you can create your own business.
MTECH-100 Thermodynamics Principles
MTECH-110 Electricity Principles
COMP-150 Microcomputer Applications
BENG-121T English I
AUTO-100 Internal Combustion Engines I
AUTO-110 Vehicle Electrical and Electronic Systems
AUTO-120 Vehicles Technical Drawing
AUTO-130 Health and safety at workplace – Environment
BENG-122T English II
AUTO-195 Summer Placement I
AUTO-210 Bodywork and vehicle analysis
AUTO-200 Internal Combustion Engines II
AUTO-220 Transmission and Propulsion Systems
AUTO-280 Braking Systems
AUTO-205 Diesel Engines Technology
AUTO-230 Vehicle Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
AUTO-250 Steering and suspension systems
AUTO-260 Vehicle Diagnostics
AUTO-270 Engines and Vehicles Electronic Management Systems
AUTO-290 Individual Project
AUTO-295 Summer Placement II
AUTO-305 Alternative Fuels and Hybrid Technology
IMGT-281 Introduction to Management
ICOMM-300 Business and Professional Communication
AUTO-320 Vehicle Dynamics
AUTO-330 Interdisciplinary Project I
AUTO-340 Vehicle Dynamics II
AUTO-350 Workshop Operational Management
BENG-123A Professional English
AUTO 360 Interdisciplinary Project II